Akemi Stain Repellent W is a ready to use water based stain repellent and anti-stain impregnation fluid. The impregnator is absorbed by the stone and penetrates deep into it rendering the stone more resistant to wear and tear. It is similar to a sealer but is absorbed into the stone rather than creating a film on top of the stone. It is a thicker liquid than its solvent based counterpart, making it better suited to more porous stones such as travertine, sandstone and slate.
When stain repellent is applied it will give stone the following properties:
• Reduction of water and dirt absorption during periods of moisture.
• Oil and grease repellent effect.
• Low adhesion of colours (anti-graffiti effect).
• Maintenance of breathing properties because there is no surface layer.
• Resistance to UV radiation.
Consumption: approx. 5 - 15 m²/litre, depending on the absorbency and the composition of the stone